Monday, April 12, 2010

Sorry, my creativity has run dry for the week...:)

Hey family!
How are you all doing? How is the wonderful springtime for you all? Hna Erickson and I are just loving it here in Morristown. Our favorite thing is just parking the car every once-in-a-while and WALKING! It is so much nicer to be able to contact outside and such.
This week was kind of a crazy one as we lost almost 2 entire days to proselyting because we had to go to Ellis Island for orientation one day and then start work the next (we only go there April-October to help). It was fun this time being the one to get to show my companion around because she had never been before (considering the last time we went, I was still in my first transfer of my mission). I found Papa Chuck's dad on the Ellis Island page and am hoping that when I get home I can do more searching on that. It said he declared his destination as Little Falls, NJ! That was in my first area! Crazy, I had no idea.
The month of April has been deemed "Change of Heart" month, as we are anxiously preparing for the Cherry Hill mission to join with us in July. It's consisting of several fasts, shorter preparation days, daily reading of the white handbook, and other things to help us become more unified and get more baptisms. We have already been seeing several blessings from it as we have 2 investigators praying about a baptismal date right now (Miguel and Luis) and hopefully another we will set tonight (Paco). Paco and Miguel came to church yesterday and they loved it! Paco is the coolest kid ever. He's 18-yrs old, from Mexico, and is just so humble. We've taught him twice now and he is reading the Book of Mormon and everything. Hopefully more good news on him will follow.
This week we are holding a fireside for our branch and the Dover branch about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and it will include a challenge to all of them to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover before the end of the year. I just finished the Book of Mormon for the second time all the way through in Spanish (well, almost 2 times, but the first time I made it to Helaman 13 when President Bahr challenged us all to read it from the beginning...so I started over). It was an amazing experience. I absolutely love the Book of Mormon. No matter how many times I read it, I learn new and important doctrines about the Savior Jesus Christ to apply in my life. I counted how many references there are to Christ in the Spanish one and, while I don't have the exact number with me, it was something over 5,000 times in 600 pages that it talks about Him. It truly is another testament of Jesus Christ.
Well, I think that is about it for this week. I hope everyone continues to be doing well and that you are all doing things each day to grow closer to our savior Jesus Christ. That's where we find real happiness. I miss you tons but I love you more!
Love,
Hermana Jackson

1 comment:

  1. Yet again, we thank you for your weekly posts. It brings joy to us to see the joy you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete