Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Transfer

Hey!

So, I did end up switching districts. Yesterday after lunch, Hna Cornish came in and told me that the change was official and we had to be at class in half an hour, so just like that my p-day was over. But then I found out that my new district has p-day today, so I got 2 in a row.

Intermediate Spanish is SO HARD!!! I went in there yesterday afternoon and sat there for the first hour just wanting to cry. But it got better. I figure that since I can understand enough of what they're saying to get by in class, then I am in the right place because I'm challenging myself just enough. So now I have 2 new companions (yep, I'm in a trio). There's Hna Cornish and Hna Andersen. Hna Andersen is from San Diego and she's going to Kentucky for her mission. Her Spanish is WAY good but she's really nice about helping me out. I have a feeling I know the least Spanish in my district. So along with the change of districts, I also had to move rooms so I got to pack up all my things and carry them upstairs. It's good though. I'm feeling more comfortable with the language now.

I saw Marsha and Julia today in the MTC cafeteria. Crazy! It was so good to see them and give them a little update. Tell Matt Hunt and Kyle Nichols that I am looking forward to finding them tomorrow! Their first couple of days will be rough but if they need anything, tell them they can find me in 7M-203. :)

I got to go to the temple this morning with my new district and it was wonderful! I absolutely love the feeling there. And knowing that missionaries are prayed for throughout the world gives me so much strength and comfort.

So, I already told you most everything yesterday but here's for my shout-out:
JACKIE! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your letters!!! I have now received both of them and feel so loved and blessed. I am replying in person as soon as I put my laundry in this afternoon.

MOM!!! I love you. Thanks for your email and letter. I can't believe you told me I have a package coming and didn't tell me what's in it. The anticipation is killing me! Thanks :)

Well, I think that's about it for now. I wish I had some crazy funny story to tell you but I don't really. I am full-on praying in Spanish now and trying to joke around with people but...haha, yeah, let's just say that Oh Baby and Don't Fret don't translate into Spanish very well. :) Things are getting better here...but it's definitely the hardest thing I've ever done.

Thanks for all your love. Tell everyone I said hi. I miss you tons but I love you more!

Love,
Hermana Jackson

P.S. I have a new address with the district change and everything (but if you sent one to my old mailbox #, it will still get to me)

Hermana Meagan EM Jackson
MTC Mailbox #320
NJ-MOR 0901
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment