Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My first baptism!

Hey family! How's everybody doing? I'm glad to hear that mom found the camera so I can get some pictures of the new little one soon! I hope Michael and Cari are having fun with the boys in California! That sounds way nice. What is going on in everyone else's life? Oh, so my MTC teacher was apparently at the same RSL match that mom and dad went to a couple weeks ago. Too bad I didn't know beforehand! Haha.

So, I got my first baptism. Well, it was a team effort from my whole district. Remember how I told you that our teachers have been acting as progressive investigators? Well, "Angie" was "baptized" on Monday night. It was quite exciting, I must say. We invited some other districts to act as members of the ward to fellowship her in, then me and Elder Lamoreaux did a harmonica/piano duet of "We'll Bring the World His Truth" for the musical number. Haha, yeah, that was definitely a first. :)

My first week with my new comp was good. She was in a wheelchair for the first several days but then we went to the doctor on Friday and he fit her with a new boot thing that doesn't put pressure on that part of her foot so now she is just walking around! It's great news. And while we were at the doctor, she was in the room and I sat in the waiting room and striked up a conversation with a lady who didn't speak a word of English. It was awesome. She told me all about how she slipped in the bathroom and messed up her ankle and about her daughters who are getting ready to go back to school next week and everything like that. It was fun.

Also, we went to the RC again last night and learned how to do calls in Spanish...and I freaked out but life is good. One guy called in and he was the nicest guy I have ever talked to in the RC. His name is Manuel and he's from LA. He said he had seen the DVD "Finding Happiness" and thought that everyone should be able to have that kind of happiness in their life. After we talked for a bit, I asked him if he would like the missionaries over. He said he was never home but wanted their address so he could visit them. Of course I couldn't do that so I got his address and looked up the nearest meetinghouse to him on mormon.org and invited him to go to church this Sunday and meet with the missionaries there. He said he would! He then asked me how I ended up answering the phone and I told him I am a missionary for the church as well. Then he asked me to send him a letter with my testimony of Jesus Christ in it! I wrote it this morning and he said he will write back when he gets it. I just love this work.

Other than that, this week has been basically the same as the others. I had a bit of a rough time on Friday thinking of Anthony and everything but that happens to me every year. It was a big comfort to me to recognize that I am doing the same work here on earth that Anthony is doing in the Spirit World. I know this work is true and we're in it together.

Thanks for all your support to me. I can't believe I leave in 2 weeks from today! I get my travel plans on Thursday so I'll let you know next week the approximate time I'll be calling you from the airport. What number do you want me to call so that you answer? One more p-day in the MTC! I am SO excited to get out there! So yeah, next week's email will contain all the logistics and such.

Ok, question time: Is Bobby home yet? If yes, tell him he better write me soon! If no, then give that message to him when he gets home. :)
Also, could you call Sister Power and ask her to ask her neice (Ali Newton) what classroom she teaches in? Just send the response in a dearelder so I can get it ASAP. I want to meet her because she went to the same mission as me. Thanks!

I think that's about it. I love you so much. I hope to hear from more of you soon. ;) Haha. The church is true and this is the Lord's work. I know it. It says so in Jacob 5:61 that it is His work and He is doing it right alongside of me, and for that I am so grateful. I miss you tons but I love you more.

Love,
Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment